Posts Tagged ‘Manly’
Branding will always be my favorite part of design, but everyone once in a while it’s fun to be able to let go and design a single invitation. Using the concept of arrows I wanted to keep everything long and narrow. The tribal feel is simple, playful, and all boy!
I wish I could take credit for the overall vision, but none of this would have happened without our good friend Sarah. She put so much time and love into creating such a special afternoon.
Some of my favorites decor elements and activities included:
- Blessing Arrows: Guests were invited to take pieces of paper and write blessings on them. We then wrapped the paper around the arrows and stuck them on a little tree.
- Customized Baby Name Print: Like the big “R” print with “Rhys’” name below it? You can make your own as a free (+ the cost of a frame) and easy shower gift here.
- Trail mix Bar: Loved this idea! Create your own trail mix out of your favorite peanuts, chocolate chips, and dried fruits. So good!
- Diaper Decorate Activity (not shown): Using sharpies everyone wrote a funny or encouraging note on a package of diapers. What a unique way to lift mom and dad’s spirits in the wee (he, he!) hours of the night!
- Rhys’ Reece’s: Guess how many there are? Hard to believe there were over 200! Yep, I was WAY off and didn’t get to go home with the giant box of chocolate.
- Baby Belly Henna Tattoo: For the “after party” we all hung around, drank wine, and watched Taryn with Spirited Doula Services create a beautiful piece of art right on our momma’s baby bump.
It was a wonderful day full of love and celebration for this new little bundle of joy. We can’t wait to meet you baby Rhys!
From the Farm
* See more work like this and others by visiting our graphic design portfolio at Green Couch Design.
Have I mentioned to you all just how crafty my sister-in-law is? Look out Martha Stewart cause her glue gun could do some serious damage! She’s been planning our baby shower (with the help of our OK family) since we found out we we’re pregnant. This entire last month she’s been all giddy every time she’d talk about (keeping everything a surprise of course) and claiming that she was planning the Baby Shower of the Century.
Now that is a tall order to have to fulfill, but man did she EVER deliver!
Between our Kansas and Oklahoma family and friends we have had THREE showers thrown for our baby. We have felt completely overwhelmed by all the love and excitement surrounding his arrival and cannot tell you how blessed we are to have so many people wanting to share in this journey with us.
Our “Little Man” has been completely spoiled and he is not even here yet!
37 weeks and counting!
From the Farm
Everyday Design is all about wood grain this time. If I got really deep inside of myself I think I ultimately want to be a lumber jack. It’s the flannel, and the beards, the boots and let’s face it the smell of a old school wood shop. So I couldn’t help but let a little of that out here with our feature on wood grain and the art it inspires. Hog Eat Hog is a design/build wood shop that builds from local and salvaged materials. Their website and imagery has inspired this post. I found them on a wonderfully manly blog called Grain & Gram, who happened to be featuring Blair Sligar owner of Hog Eat Hog.