It seems Cale and I are always hosting parties for our friends and family. We love it, but we’ve realized we don’t initiate having get togethers unless we have an excuse to get people together. This year we wanted to be a little bit more intentional about our gatherings and sharing our home. We wanted to have a “just because” party.
Low key and simple.
Our friend David Lord, the guy behind The Wonder Revolution, contacted us with the perfect opportunity. He was looking to fill a spot for his solo guitar project, Francis Moss, and was wondering if we would be open to hosting a house show. I told him several times that we have a very small house, but he insisted that our place sounded perfect!
“Francis Moss is guitarist David Lord (Solagget, The Wonder Revolution). Bridging the distance between jazz, rock, and experimental music, Lord creates meditative soundscapes with Francis Moss with attention to concise compositions and clean melodic lines. Although still recognizable as Lord, the music of Francis Moss resides in its own unique space.” – Francis Moss Website
We are happily planning away for our little Spring Music Yard Party in late April. I’ve been thinking about the kind of atmosphere that I want to create. Intimate, but casual enough that the kids can run around and play, acoustic and simple, spring sunsets with our friends, and maybe a sweet treat or two!?
Here is a list of images and links that are inspiring me for the event (corresponding with the images above):
- Our old oak tree surrounded with quilts and blankets. (top left image from the lovely Samantha Lamb).
- Minions running around barefoot chasing fireflies.
- Adult summertime beverages garnished with Pickled Green Beans from the garden.
- Picnic style gatherings similar to our Grilled Cheese Grill Party.
- Little garden gnomes and tiny mushroom stools. The dreamy things that make The Wonderful Revolution and David’s heart for music truly magical.
- Sipping out of mason jars just waiting to be re-canned with our garden’s first bounty!
- Homemade pie, cobbler, or maybe strawberry shortcake?! (bottom right image & Cherry Pie Recipe from Gimme Some Oven)
- Wouldn’t it be fun to serve fresh fruit sodas like this Strawberry, Rhubarb, Ginger & Peppercorn Soda Recipe from the Vintage Whites Market Blog?! (image not shown)
- Loving this family-friendly S’more’s Party by the lovely ladies at Merry Thought. (image not shown)
I’m looking forward to creating a fun space for David’s music. Do you have any other inspirational links that would help with the overall party vibe?!
Can’t wait to share the final details with you all!
From The Farm
Leave a Reply