I’ve been getting truly spoiled lately! Not only have I gotten to travel to Boston to visit a good friend, but I recently traveled to Kansas City for another girls trip to catch up with Ali from Gimme Some Oven.
Being friends with a food blogger has it’s perks! I’ve known Ali for nearly fourteen years now and have definitely taken advantage of MANY of her yummy recipes. Not only is she a great friend, but she’s a true inspiration to me as a woman, a creative, and a blogger. My time with Ali was pretty simple, but just what I needed. For two solid days her downtown loft apartment became my home (and I saw the real mess of dishes when her kitchen doesn’t look like this!). Together we pounded out blog posts, talked through long term goals for Bringing Design Home, created our own version of Chocolate Covered Easter Eggs, watched cheesy tv shows, and got addicted to Bundaberg Ginger Beer.
Ali, you sure know how to show this pregnant lady a good time!
Isn’t Ali’s dog the cutest thing!?!??? I’m honestly not a little dog person, but I just fell in love with him. He was my snuggle buddy while I was away from James.
This trip wasn’t so much about site seeing, but some of my favorite things included:
- My first sip of Pour-Over Coffee and a morning work session at Quay Coffee.
- Getting lost in World Market looking at beautifully designed cookbooks and tiny dishes.
- Stocking up on Bundaberg Root Beer (for Cale) & Ginger Beer (my latest pregnancy craving).
- Learning about Nootch Popcorn-who knew nutritional yeast could taste like butter!?!
- Meeting other full-time creatives like these cool guys at Photo Bus Kansas City.
- Seeing ALL the behind the scenes creativity and hard work that goes into producing ONE blog post at Gimme Some Oven.
- Dreaming up, creating, and eating Easter Egg Oreo Truffles.
- Treasure hunting in River Market Antiques.
- And of course, no Ali visit would be complete without enjoying some quality chips and salsa! Sure, Jose Pepper’s is a chain, but it’s REALLY good!
It was such a breath of fresh air to have a few days to focus solely on Bringing Design Home. I’m so thankful for my mom who gave up a few days of her spring break to watch my little minion, a husband who told me to “go and have a great time” even when that meant spending a whole week without seeing his family, and a wonderful friend who I got to share life with for a few days and bounce ideas off of.
I’m really excited about the future of Green Couch Design and our blog; Bringing Design Home.
Stay tuned. It’s gonna be amazing!
Thanks Ali. xoxo
From The Farm
No related photos.
One Response to “Girls “Work” Weekend in Kansas City :)”
Leave a Reply