Branding will always be my favorite part of design, but everyone once in a while it’s fun to be able to let go and design a single invitation. Using the concept of arrows I wanted to keep everything long and narrow. The tribal feel is simple, playful, and all boy!
I wish I could take credit for the overall vision, but none of this would have happened without our good friend Sarah. She put so much time and love into creating such a special afternoon.
Some of my favorites decor elements and activities included:
- Blessing Arrows: Guests were invited to take pieces of paper and write blessings on them. We then wrapped the paper around the arrows and stuck them on a little tree.
- Customized Baby Name Print: Like the big “R” print with “Rhys’” name below it? You can make your own as a free (+ the cost of a frame) and easy shower gift here.
- Trail mix Bar: Loved this idea! Create your own trail mix out of your favorite peanuts, chocolate chips, and dried fruits. So good!
- Diaper Decorate Activity (not shown): Using sharpies everyone wrote a funny or encouraging note on a package of diapers. What a unique way to lift mom and dad’s spirits in the wee (he, he!) hours of the night!
- Rhys’ Reece’s: Guess how many there are? Hard to believe there were over 200! Yep, I was WAY off and didn’t get to go home with the giant box of chocolate.
- Baby Belly Henna Tattoo: For the “after party” we all hung around, drank wine, and watched Taryn with Spirited Doula Services create a beautiful piece of art right on our momma’s baby bump.
It was a wonderful day full of love and celebration for this new little bundle of joy. We can’t wait to meet you baby Rhys!
From the Farm
* See more work like this and others by visiting our graphic design portfolio at Green Couch Design.
5 Responses to “GCD: Welcome to Our Tribe – Arrow Themed Baby Shower [Invitation Design]”
Leave a Reply