We recently had the pleasure of designing a custom invitation for Cale’s brother and his bride to be! I’m gonna be honest and say we were a little nervous when they told us they were doing a comic book themed wedding. I think we we’re both envisioning a wedding party with tights and capes. Meg was in full support of this since her husband was the Best Man but we both knew the rest of the family would totally disagree.
Once we sat down with Joy and Colin we were able to catch more of their vision for their wedding day and we soon realized that it would be anything but cheesy. They wanted a simple wedding invitation. One that showed off their unique color scheme while connecting the fun feel of their comic book inspired wedding.
To get started we asked them to gather up some of their favorite comic book, video game, and tv inspired quotes and decided to use them as statements about their relationship. Creating a poster/announcement like feel we designed the invitation on an over-sized sheet. It’s large format helped establish the wedding day vibe and takes the guest through a process of reading that is similar to a comic book/strip layout.
Overall we used the modern colors and quotes to convey the quirky personalities of this fun-loving couple. To enhance the feel of their simple, homemade, backyard style wedding we paired the bright wedding palette with a craft paper envelope.
Just for fun… here are the other quotes the couple originally selected:
- “Love is not a strong enough word, I luff you, I lurrve you.” - Woody Allen
- “Inertia forms two thirds of marriages but love forms the other third.” - Woody Allen
- “Allons-y!” (which means “let’s go” in french) – The Doctor
- “Elections are a good deal like marriages. There’s no accounting for anyone’s taste. Every time we see a bridegroom we wonder why she ever picked him, and it’s the same with public officials.” - Will Rogers
- “beep bloop beep” - R2D2 C
- “grrrrraaaaadddddrrrraaaaa” - Chewbacca
- “What keeps her up in the air? Love. You can learn all the math in the ‘verse… but you take a boat in the air that you don’t love… she’ll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down… tells you she’s hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.” - Capt. Malcom Reynolds
Look for photos of their big day coming soon!
From the Farm
* See more work like this and others by visiting our graphic design portfolio at Green Couch Design.
No related photos.
Leave a Reply