You can learn a lot about people from the books they like to read. Books say a lot the way a person thinks, the type of topics they enjoy discussing, and what stories inspire them.
I had to laugh the other day as I was cleaning out our bedroom and noticed our stack of books on opposite ends of the headboard. Now, before I brag to much I am not the consistent reader here! Ever since we have been married Cale is a much better reader than me but I’m trying really hard to get into it more and more. The library of birth/parenting books that my sister-in-law and girlfriend Mackenzie have been supplying me with have been the perfect thing I’ve needed to really get started.
Although, I should probably spread out my topics a little bit more! It’s pretty obvious what is on my brain and constantly moving in my belly!
- Baby Wise by Ezzo & Bucknam (I have had two moms recommend this book one with a 2 and 5 years old and the other with 2 kids in high school)
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tripp
- Home Brown Kids by Moore (One Cale’s mom read when raising her kids)
- Choosing Waterbirth (Really enjoyed the simplicity and first hand story telling of this book)
- The complete Book of Pregnancy & Childbirth by Sheila Kitzinger
- The Complete Book of Baby Names (we already have a name picked out but it’s still fun to look!)
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League International (which my friend swears is the encyclopedia to breastfeeding & a GREAT quick resource!)
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- GREEN by Ted Dekker
- Brionne by Louis L’Amour
- Rivers West by Louis L’Amour (Cale loves a good Western where the good guy always wins AND gets the girl!)
- Piercing the Darkness by Peretti
- Mocking Jay by Collins (the final book of the Hunger Games)
- My Garden by Lucbbermann (Yes, Cale has a garden journal!)
- Husband Coached Childbirth by Bradly (not featured but one I’m adding to his pile! )
What books are on your nightstand this summer?
33 weeks and counting!
From the Farm
Leave a Reply