I’m not sure if it’s all the snow or the fact that spring is on it’s way (the ground hog did NOT see it’s shadow) but we’ve been hit with the spring cleaning bug and it’s time to revamp some things around here.
We’ve spent the last few weeks confirming our focus and running through the same brand strategies we suggest to our clients.
After 1 full year of consistent blogging, here’s what we’ve come to realize:
Secretly, down deep, there was always this part in us that wanted to be that designer with the “trendy” design blog. But the truth is there are others out there that do a much better job covering those topics than us (like jeremyandkatheleen or Design Crush) and THAT is OK! We are designers but more importantly we are everyday individuals that are looking to celebrate how creativity is apart of our simple farm life.
So with that said it’s time we get back to the basics, back to our roots and what we are truly all about.
1. Everyday Design: It’s what we do, the daily inspiration and creative thoughts that keep us connected to design while living on the farm.
2. Love On A Dime: Keeping the romance alive without spending a fortune; fun ideas for date nights, and outings, as well as romantic get-a-ways, and stories. Keep it fun, and keep it simple.
3. Green Couch Design: Monthly Sales, updates, product spotlights, and process, it’s all here the daily workings of our studio life.
4. Fresh & Local: Highlighting local businesses and fresh ingredients for the selective shopper.
5. Garden Check-List: A monthly guide to garden basics year around, with down loadable lists (for the organized type) to keep you on track for the entire season.
6. This vs. That: A little help on those tough decisions, we do the research, you make the decision. Presenting you with the hard facts when it comes to whole milk vs. skim milk, whole wheat vs. whole grain, annuals vs. perennials, etc. Healthy living, lifestyle, gardens and all the other questions that come up as we attempt to live a simple life in the fast lane.
7. Creatives Near You: Highlighting the individuals and families that make creativity a part of their daily lives, and inspire us to do the same.
9. Garden Finds: Fun garden tools, tips, and toys.
These new categories will keep our content more organized and provide you with real, raw, tools and resources for well-rounded, educated, decisions toward a holistic lifestyle.
Look for these new topics starting in March along with 3 posts a week instead of our usual 2. Don’t be shy, let us know what you think by leaving a comment!
From the Farm
Leave a Reply